I have been a management consultant for over ten years. My specialty is top line Growth.
At some point, most of my engagements involve the use of cross-functional teams from within the company, firm or organization. I do this because,
- Nobody has a monopoly on good ideas, and you never know where they’ll come from!
- Divide and Conquer…The “home work” gets divided up and shared…No single person is over-burdened.
- There’s a much better chance of “buy-in”, since folks have participated in making decisions along the way
- Peer pressure and friendly competition drives the team…Failure to perform lets the whole team down, not just “the Boss”
- Comeraderie…New and closer relationships are formed that last forever
- Pride in being selected for, and participating on, a winning team
- Recognition for both team and individual accomplishments
- A great way to identify and “try-out” potential leaders
Virtually all the high growth companies I’ve been associated with understand and take advantage of high performance teams…The whole really IS greater than the sum of its parts!